I am supposed to be a statistic:
• A report of child abuse is made every ten seconds.
• Almost five children die every day as a result of child abuse. More than three out of four are under the age of 4.
• Child abuse occurs at every socioeconomic level, across ethnic and cultural lines, within all religions and at all levels of education.
• 31 percent percent of women in prison in the United States were abused as children.
• Over 60 percent of people in drug rehabilitation centers report being abused or neglected as a child.
• About 30 percent of abused and neglected children will later abuse their own children, continuing the horrible cycle of abuse.
• About 80 percent of 21 year olds that were abused as children met criteria for at least one psychological disorder.
• Abused children are 25 percent more likely to experience teen pregnancy.
• Abused teens are 3 times less likely to practice safe sex, putting them at greater risk for STDs.
- Child abuse victims placed in foster or kinship care because of abuse or neglect were found to score lower than other students in tests of cognitive capacity, language development, and academic achievement.
- Adults who suffered child abuse and neglect can develop allergies, arthritis, asthma, bronchitis, high blood pressure, and ulcers, in addition to other physical disabilities because of poor health caused by the abuse.
______________________________________________________________ If listened to what the world tells me (the highlighted text above), I would be dead. If I sought the world’s answers, I would be insane. The Bible tells me that if I seek, then I will find. I believe that to be true. I must consider where I am seeking and what I am looking for. If I am seeking sympathy, then I will continue to carry the source of the sympathy…the illness, the trauma, the pain, etc. If I am seeking a diagnosis, then I am sure to receive a diagnosis and remain sick. See, where am I looking for my answers? Here are the answers that I sought out:
He said, “If you will listen carefully to the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in his sight, obeying his commands and keeping all his decrees, then I will not make you suffer any of the diseases I sent on the Egyptians; for I am the Lord who heals you.” ~ Exodus 15:26
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. ~ Jeremiah 29:11
You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. ~ 1 John 4:4
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. ~ 2 Timothy 1:7
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. ~ Romans 12:2
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. ~ John 3:16
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. ~ John 16:33
You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross.. ~ Colossians 2:13-15
Now, what’s that you say about me? HA! I am a child of the Most High! He tells me who I am and what I am to do! The world is ruled by the evil one and he is defeated by the Blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony! I shout it from the rooftops that though you meant it for evil, God has used it for good! [Genesis 50:20] I know today that my past can give someone a future.
“And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” ~ Romans 8:28
Say this with me: I REFUSE TO BELIEVE WHAT THE WORLD SAYS ABOUT ME. I WILL NOT SUCCUMB TO THE SAYINGS OF THE ENEMY. I AM A WARRIOR AND I HOLD UP MY SHIELD OF FAITH AND CAST DOWN THE FIERY ARROWS OF THE DEVIL. I DESTROY EVERY PROUD OBSTACLE THAT TRIES TO KEEP ME FROM KNOWING GOD. I CAPTURE THOSE REBELLIOUS THOUGHTS AND GAIN THE MIND OF CHRIST USING MY WEAPONS OF WARFARE, MY SWORD, THE WORD OF GOD.
Prophesy over yourself today. If you are sick in your body or your mind: depression, anxiety, fear, doubt, worry, any illness or disease…know that Christ took stripes upon His back and shed Blood that we may be healed and overcome. Your testimony today, if you are a believer, is that you are more than a conquerer. If you do not know Christ, today is the day of salvation. Ask Him to come into your heart and make Him Lord of your life. Read the Word of God which reveals His heart so you can get to know Him. Begin to attend a Bible based, spirit filled church and be edified and equipped, strengthened and encouraged.